What is Bus Driver’s Vocational Licence (BDVL)?
- Prior to driving a bus or working as a bus attendant on a school bus, both the Bus Driver’s Vocational Licence (BDVL) and the Bus Attendant’s Vocational License (BAVL) are required.
- For vocational licences that allow you to drive, the statutory age limit is 75 years old
Who requires it?
- Private bus driver.
What is bus driver licence (bdvl)?
- Bus Driver”s Vocational Licence (BDVL) is needed before a person can drive a bus
- A Bus Attendant”s Vocational Licence is needed before a person can be a bus attendant on a school bus.
Eligibility for Bus Driver’s Vocational Licence (BDVL)
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age at the time of their submission.
- Singaporean citizens, Singapore Permanent Residents, and Work Permit holders are all eligible to apply.
- At the time of application, have a valid Class 3 or 3A Singapore driving license for at least one year.
- MedSave contributions must be up to date (if you are self-employed)
- Must have a clean record.
How and where to apply?
You can submit the application online.
- Login to the website
- Now Under the Licence Application tab and search for “BDVL”.
- Fill in the application and upload the documents.
- Then you must pay a $40 non-refundable application fee via credit card, debit card, or PayPal.
- Within 15 working days, obtain an approval letter from LTA. After all the formalities and verification of documents.
- You can get a medical checkup and a chest x-ray at any Singapore-registered clinic or hospital, or at SATA Diagnostic Centers.
- You will receive your photo card license via registered mail within 20 working days.
Approval letter from MOM stating name, Fin, occupation, and company name.
- Letter of employment with “Bus Driver/Chauffeur” listed as your profession.
Validity of the license
- It is valid for 3 years
What are the process of BDVL?
To Register for the BDVL course once you receive an approval letter from LTA. BDVL/ BAVL applicants are required to register for the training course within 3 months and complete and pass the competency test course within 6 months from the date of approval.
Is there any problem / complaint with reaching the Bus Driver’s Vocational Licence (BDVL) in Singapore Address or Phone number? Please report any issues using the below comment form.
Rate your experience with the Bus Driver’s Vocational Licence (BDVL) Singapore: (click on the stars below)