The FreeStyle Libre Flash Glucose Monitoring System is indicated for measuring interstitial fluid glucose levels in people (age 4 and older) with diabetes mellitus.Address: Abbott Laboratories (Singapore) Pte Ltd
Abbott Diabetes Care
1 Maritime Square #12-09
Harbour Front Centre
Singapore 099253 Phone: Customer Care Team – 1 800 272 2881 or +65 3157 1435
FreeStyle Libre Singapore official website: https://www.freestylelibre.com.sg
How to use the FreeStyle Libre Flash Glucose Monitoring System?
It’s very simple to use the FreeStyle Libre Flash Glucose Monitoring System. There is a sensor and a reader in the FreeStyle Libre. A small sensor automatically measures and continuously stores glucose readings day and night.
FreeStyle Libre Sensor:
- Sensor has 2 parts: Sensor pack and Sensor applicator.
- The Sensor has a small, flexible tip and should apply the sensor on the back side of your upper arm.
- You should change the Sensor every 14 days ( 2 weeks).
- It is water resistant.
FreeStyle Libre Reader:
- The reader comes with touch screen and can be easily handled.
- You can review the history by pressing ‘Review history’ and can scan by pressing scan sensor.
- Inside the review history you can see the logbook where you could see the daily glucose result, daily graph, average glucose, daily patterns, time in target, low glucose events.
- Switch on the reader and press ‘scan sensor’. If you show the reader near by your sensor, it will show the results within a second.
- Reader will store the results for 3 months. You can store in your laptop using the USB cable before 3 months.
Guide to use the Free Style Libre sensor and reader
Check the below link to know how to use the free style libre sensor and reader
For some people, the free style libre shows the inappropriate reading (around 20 units difference compared to blood glucose meter). In that case, consult your health care provider. Buy one sensor and test it. If you are satisfied, go further.