The Work Permit is a work pass that enables foreign unskilled laborers from recognized Asian nations to seek employment in Singapore’s lucrative and rapidly expanding areas, including services, construction, manufacturing, marine, process, and other industries.
What is the Eligibility Requirement?
- To hire someone with a work permit, an employer must meet certain requirements.
- A foreign national applying for a work permit must be at least 16 years old.
- Up until age 58, only Malaysians are permitted to work on a work permit visa;
- At the time of the Work Permit application, a non-Malaysian employee must not be present in Singapore. Only once the employer has gotten the letter of In-Principle Approval and provided an SGD$5000 Security Bond may he enter Singapore.
- Every employer who hires foreign workers must pay Inter-Bank GIRO’s monthly foreign worker charge.
- Until his GIRO application is approved by the bank, the employer must continue paying the levy to the CPF Board using his present payment method. When the GIRO deduction of the levy will go into force, the CPF Board will let the employer know. The GIRO application is free for the employer to use.
- Minimum-coverage medical insurance is necessary.
- After acquiring the in-principle approval (IPA), purchase the Primary Care Plan (PCP) for employees who live in dorms or work in the CMP sectors.
- Declare on WP Online that you have purchased the PCP before the Work Permit is issued.
- Bangladeshi, Indian, or Myanmarese nationals with non-Malaysian CMP Work Permits on IPA do not require to participate in the 2-day Pre-Departure Preparatory Programme (PDPP). When they arrive in Singapore, they will still have to go to an onboarding program.
- To receive their passes, workers must be completely immunized against COVID-19 with WHO EUL vaccinations (with a booster, if eligible).
- A photocopy of the foreign employee’s passport or other travel documents with all of his information, including any modifications.
- A photocopy of the foreign worker’s Educational Certificates.
- A photocopy of the foreign worker’s Identity Card
Procedure to apply
- Obtain written permission from the applicant before filling out the application and uploading the necessary papers on the WPOL website.
- To fill out the application, sign in to WP Online.
- After 1 week, Check the status of the application.
- Obtaining more information might make it take longer.
- If the application is approved, log in to WP Online to print the following:
- In-principle approval (IPA) letter
- Work Permit application form
What is the cost?
- You need to pay $35 for each pass for submitting the application.
- $35 for each pass when you get the pass.