What is FIN?
Foreigners with long-term passes are given a “Foreign Identification Number” (FIN), which is comparable to the NRIC number in format. The FIN can be transferred between pass categories and is valid for life, as long as the foreigner does not receive Singapore citizenship or permanent residency and an NRIC number.
Even if the individual changes their passport number (old passport to new passport) or their nationality to a country other than Singapore, this number will remain the same.
Why FIN is required for Singaporeans?
ICA is in charge of immigration and registration services, including issuing passports and identity cards to Singaporeans and foreigners, as well as immigration passes and permits. For the purposes of identification and registration, each person working, studying, or residing in Singapore is given a unique identity number
Usage of FIN?
- FINs are personal to each person and cannot be transferred to other foreigners after the pass holders have left Singapore permanently or passed away. This means that the number of FINs available in each series will diminish with time.
- There is a need to develop a new FIN series to allow the ICA and other government agencies to carry out their responsibilities of registering and identifying foreigners who are staying in Singapore for an extended period of time. The introduction of the M FIN series will have no effect on foreigners currently assigned to the F and G FIN series.
- From January 1, 2022, the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) will issue a new Foreign Identification Number (FIN) series with the prefix M. Foreigners working, studying, or staying in Singapore are given FINs, which are unique identification numbers provided by the ICA and other government agencies. The new M FIN series will begin with the prefix M, followed by seven numbers, and a checksum letter, similar to the F and G FIN series (e.g. M1234567B).
Where and How to register FIN in Singapore?
How to find your FIN number?
How to find the FIN of my Work Permit holder if it is not found in the approval letter?
- Once Wp is approved for each Work Pass (WP) holder, FIN number will be assigned for one working day which will be reflected in the In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter
- Print the IPA to request for the WP
5 thoughts on “How to apply and obtain FIN in Singapore?”
How long can I visit Singapore before I must obtain a FIN?
I am interesting to work in Singapore because it bright my future, and grow up my career. I think it a better to me to switch my country to start my own career in Singapore. Please help me out how i am apply in NRIC/FIN.
I need a FIN, how do I get it? pls
How can I get a copy of my FIN when I was still working there at Singapore? Coz I need it now to apply my Singapore Certificate needed for my Fiancee Request. My ex employer have lost all of my documents and I really need my FIN number to register. .thanks for who can help me
Hi Loryen Grace S. Migar,
Please visit in person or call MOM Singapore to get the details
https://yoursingaporeguide.com/mom-services-centre-momsc-in-singapore/Address: MOM Services Centre
1500 Bendemeer Road,
Phone: 6438 5122