- 1 Procedure to apply and register SingPass
- 1.1 How to apply SingPass account online?
- 1.2 Apply SingPass account in person at the SingPass counter
- 1.3 How to apply / register for SingPass from outside the Singapore?
- 1.4 Documents required to apply SingPass
- 1.5 How to check the SingPass application status?
- 1.6 SingPass Customer care Phone number / Email
- 1.7 How to update address / phone number / email in SingPass?
- 1.8 FAQ
Procedure to apply and register SingPass
SingPass is a Singapore Personal Access which allows users to access various Singapore government sectors online where users will be allowed to do transaction government services online easy and secure. SingPass is launched in March 2003.
How to register for a Singpass account?
- Visit Singpass Portal here
- Select ‘Register for Singpass’
- Register instantly with Singpass Face Verification or Request for a One-Time Password PIN mailer
- The One-Time Password PIN mailer will be mailed to your registered address within 3 working days.
Eligibility (Who can apply for SingPass?):
- Must be atleast 15 years old
- Must be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident /Permanent Resident or Foreign Identification Number (FIN) holder/ an Employment Pass holder / a Work Permit holder / EntrePass holders / S-Pass holders / Dependant Pass holders (of EP, PEP, EntrePass and S-Pass holders) / Long Term Visit Pass-Plus (LTVP+) holders / Work Permit holders / Student Pass holders / Immigration Exemption Order holders
For more information, users can refer to the instructional guides.
How to apply SingPass account online?
To register for a SingPass account,
- Go to Apply for SingPass link
- You must meet the eligibility criteria
- The address and the details stated on your NRIC or FIN card must have correct details. If you want to update it, click here
- Click the Register Now button to proceed.
- Fill all the required details such as your full name as like in NRIC or FIN card, NRIC or FIN card number, Issued date, captcha.
- Click submit to complete the application.
- Once completed, you will receive SingPass and PIN to your registered address with in 4 working days.
Apply SingPass account in person at the SingPass counter
- Visit the nearest SingPass counter
- Ask for the assistance to apply in person.
Click the above link to view the contact details and location of SingPass counters in Singapore
Through SingPass counters, you can
- apply for a new account
- reset SingPass password
- Update the mobile number and account details
- Register and activate SMS 2FA instantly
How to apply / register for SingPass from outside the Singapore?
SingPass can also be applied from Overseas
- if you are 15 years old and
- you are a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident / an Employment Pass holder / a Work Permit holder.
- Your address mentioned in NRIC/FIN card should be correct.
- Visit SingPass online portal.
- Click ‘Register for Singpass’ button.
- Enter all the required details and complete the registration.
- Once registered successfully, you will receive the postal on the registered overseas address within 10 working days.
Documents required to apply SingPass
To apply for SingPass, you are required to submit any one of the below mentioned document
- FIN number
- Valid Singapore passport
- Passport that has re-entry permit
- Driving licence in Singapore
- Identity card for national service
- WP Card or long-term pass card
- Employment pass which is valid and other passes like EntrePass, personalised employment pass, S-Pass, and valid work permit.
How to check the SingPass application status?
- Go to https://www.singpass.gov.sg/spauth/login/loginpage
- Click Services and select ‘check status’.
- Enter your NRIC or FIN Number to check your application status.
For enquiries call or email
How to update address / phone number / email in SingPass?
- Login to SingPass account
- Click “Update Account Details” under the Quick Links section
- An OTP will be received in your registered mobile number for the verification.
- Enter the OTP to change the Address / Phone number / Email in SingPass
- If your mobile number registered with SingPass is not the same as the one registered with Assurity, an Assurity helpdesk officer will call you within one working day to verify your number.
- You will then receive a PIN mailer to activate the new number as your SMS 2FA.
For any assistance on Singpass2FA, please contact at:
1.How to get Singpass immediately?
To obtain a Singpass, you can either, Please visit Singpass to apply for your Singpass online visit any of the Singpass counters located islandwide in-person.
2.If everyone in Singapore have Singpass?
Singpass is every Singapore resident’s trusted digital identity, to log in, reset password, register for an account, & more.
3.What is Singpass verification?
Singpass Enables users to show proof of their identity and share personal data securely in a physical setting, to show proof of their identity and share personal data securely in a physical setting
4.Why Singpass is required?
Singpass is every Singapore resident’s trusted digital identity for easy and secure access to over 2,000 government and private sector services online and in person.
5.How to verify my face for SingPass?
Log in to a digital service with your Singpass ID and password, followed by scanning your face on a computer with a web camera, or a smartphone with a front-facing camera. No prior registration is required to use Face Verification as a 2FA mode.