How to apply SGS Bonds/T-bills on digibank Online?
- To login digibank online please visit here
- Fill the Authentication Process.
- Under Invest tab, select Singapore Government Securities (SGS).
- Select T-Bill or Bond.
- Enter OK.
- Select Issue Code and click Next.
- Select Nationality and Payment Mode.
- Enter CDP/SRS Account Number, select Competitive/Non-Competitive Bid
- Enter Amount to purchase and select your debiting account. Click Next.
- To invest in T-bill using your CPF OA funds, please select CPF OA as your payment method. (For DBS CPF Investment Account Holders only)
- Verify and Submit
Procedure to select the correct issuance code during application.
- Application of SGS Bonds/T-Bills are not revocable
|Securities Type||Securities Name||Tenor||Opening Date||Closing Date|
- For payment by CPF, cut-off time is one day before closing date at 12noon.
- Multiple submissions are allowed
- An additional application and will not overwrite the previous submission.
- To apply for SGS Bonds/T-Bills in cash an individual CDP account with Direct Crediting Service activated
- To apply for an individual CDP account Please visit here.
- For Singapore Permanent Residents or Foreigners
- NRIC/Passport details matches CDP records.
Note: Joint CDP accounts are not allowed.
- No Charges, all application fees are waived Ordinary Account (OA):
- S$2.50 + GST for transaction
- No Charges for Special Account (SA)
- Minimum Application S$1,000
- Maximum Application S$1m per applicant
How to apply Invesment Mode?
Cash: ATM, Digibank online and mobile
SRS (DBS SRS Account Holders Only): Digibank Online
CPF – Ordinary Account: Digibank Online
CPF – Special Account: Branch Only
What is the Difference / Maturity Period/ How it works of SGS Bonds and T-Bills?
|Overview||Long-term, tradable government debt securities that pay a fixed coupon every 6 months.||Short-term, tradable government debt securities that investors buy at a discount.|
|Maturity Period||2 to 50 years||6 months to 1 year|
|How does it work?||
|Example||Invest $10k, 10 Year Maturity date, coupon rate of 1% p.a.||Invest $10k in 6-Mths T-Bill with a cut-off yield of 1% p.a.|
|Receive $50 every 6 months until maturity.||Receive a one-time $50 refund 1-2 working days|
|$10k at maturity.||$10k at maturity.|
What is Competitive and Non-Competitive?
|Intro||specify only the amount you want to invest, not the yield.||The amount and yield you want to invest.|
|Allotment||Bids will be allotted first, up to 40% of the total issuance amount.||May not get the full amount that you applied for, depending on how your bid compares to the cut-off yield.|
|Reason To Select||To invest in the bond regardless of the return or are unsure of what yield to bid.||Submit a competitive bid, to invest in the bond only if it yields above a certain level.|
Is there any problem / complaint with reaching the SGS Bonds/T-Bills in DBS Bank, Singapore? Please report any issues using the below comment form.Rate your experience with the SGS Bonds/T-Bills in DBS Bank, Singapore: (click on the stars below)