- 1 What is the procedure to file an fIR in Singapore?
- 2 What Documents are required to File an FIR in Singapore?
- 3 Procedure to file FIR online in Singapore
- 4 Can you call / SMS to lodge a FIR complaint in Singapore?
- 5 Is FIR copy free to obtain?
What is FIR?
FIR is First Information Report where the victim / witness should officially lodge the complaint about any threat / missing person / theft and more
What is the procedure to file an fIR in Singapore?
To file an FIR keep in mind the below information:
- Make a police report that does not require immediate police response. In case of emergency dial 999 or SMS 71999.
- You are strongly advised to call “999” or go to a Neighbourhood Police Centre to report a missing person.
- Police reports for scams should include the following information from the National Crime Prevention Council’s Scam Alert page.
*You can see the list of scams here
What Documents are required to File an FIR in Singapore?
- Singpass Id
- Valid Email Address
- Serial number and photo of the missing item ( If applicable)
Procedure to file FIR online in Singapore
- Visit https://eservices.police.gov.sg/content/policehubhome/homepage/police-report.html
- Login using Singpass
What is the use of dialing an emergency number in Singapore?
- Make sure to remain calm and speak clearly once you get through to the police command operations center.
- Specially trained police officers staff the call centers, which are equipped to deal with any and all emergency calls that come in. Your calls will be categorized as urgent and non-urgent in order for the Police to prioritize and respond to life-threatening cases more quickly.
The information which is required by the police
- What block, street, and nearby landmark were used to identify the incident’s exact location.
- An overview of what happened, including the following:
- Is any person injured and whether ambulance required or not?
- Any Life in Danger?
- If you’re reporting a crime, is the perpetrator still present at the scene?
When Should I call?
Calling ‘999’ for police assistance should only be done in an emergency situation. This is the moment in time:
- Criminal activity has begun.
- A suspect in a crime is nearby or you are aware of their whereabouts.
- A further crime might be committed.
- It’s possible that someone has been seriously hurt or is in danger.
- Suspicious incidents or suspicious parcels left in public places should be reported to law enforcement if they occur.
|Police Department / Division||Phone Number|
|Ang Mo Kio Division||6218 1343|
|Bedok Division||6244 7200|
|Central Division||6557 5076|
|Clementi Division||6872 7683|
|Jurong Division||6316 7508|
|Tanglin Division||6391 4762|
|Woodlands Division||6364 7559|
|Airport Police Division||6543 8058|
|Traffic Police||6547 6391|
Can you call / SMS to lodge a FIR complaint in Singapore?
Yes, it will be considered.
Is FIR copy free to obtain?
Yes, FIR copy is free to get. So please do not forget to collect your FIR copy from the police which is the only evidence for the complaint