How to rent a car in Singapore?
Now car rental in Singapore is as much easy for the residents / tourist. Check what are the procedures, requirements for the resident / tourist.
Documents/Eligibility required to rent a car in Singapore
To rent a car in Singapore is an easy and simple process.
- Driving Licence
- A government-issued photo identification card, such as a passport, is required.
- International Driving Permit.
- Renters typically have to be between the ages of 22 and 73 to rent from most companies. Check to see whether the rental car business allows you to hire a car for a higher insurance rate if you are under the age of 21.
- If you’ve had your driver’s license for less than a year, you’ll be referred to as a “P” plate or probationary driver.
Procedure/ requirements to choose the rental car
- For any car rental firm, a valid driver’s license would be the first thing they’d ask for. Class 3 or 3A licenses are sufficient for local drivers.
- Age must be between the ages of 22 and 73 to rent from most companies.
- P-Plate drivers, also known as “fresh drivers who earned their driver’s license less than a year ago,” may not be allowed to hire a vehicle because of the higher chance of accidents.
- Selecting the right rental car.
- It’s common for car rental companies to provide insurance, but it’s always a good idea to familiarise yourself with the terms of the coverage provided by each individual provider.
- If you hire a car from a certain company, they may have a “full-to-full” policy, which requires you to return the vehicle with the same amount of petrol in the tank when you pick it up.
- The outside and interior of the vehicle should be properly inspected to ensure that they meet the specifications of the agreement.
- Check the security deposit policy.
Can tourists rent a car?
Yes, tourists can rent a car.
Requirement/documents required to rent a car in Singapore
- A valid English-language driver’s license or an International Driving Permit is required for international drivers.
- For a period of one year, you are permitted to drive in Singapore.
- Once the 12-month period ends, you must apply for a Singapore driving license.
- You’ll also have to pay for and undergo a basic Singapore traffic test, which checks your knowledge and understanding of the country’s traffic laws.
What is the cost to rent a car in Singapore?
Physical parameters such as brand, model, age, engine capacity, seating capacity, and so on are all factors that influence the rental price. The average rental cost is between S$50 -and S$600.