- 1 Public Holidays 2024 Singapore
- 2 List of Public Holidays in 2024 announced by Singapore Government
- 3 Can you get extra payment when working on public holidays in Singapore?
- 4 How to calculate your public holiday pay in Singapore for working full / part time?
Public Holidays 2024 Singapore
List of Public Holidays in 2024 announced by Singapore Government
What are the paid public holidays in Singapore?
The below are the 11 gazetted public holidays in Singapore
|1 Jan 2024||Monday||New Year’s Day|
|10 Feb 2024||Saturday||Chinese New Year|
|11 Feb 2024*||Sunday||Chinese New Year|
|29 Mar 2024||Friday||Good Friday|
|10 Apr 2024||Wednesday||Hari Raya Puasa|
|1 May 2024||Wednesday||Labour Day|
|22 May 2024||Wednesday||Vesak Day|
|17 Jun 2024||Monday||Hari Raya Haji|
|9 Aug 2024||Friday||National Day|
|31 Oct 2024||Thursday||Deepavali|
|25 Dec 2024||Wednesday||Christmas Day|
- If any public holiday falls on a Sunday in Singapore, the following day is declared to be a public holiday if it is not itself already a public holiday, according to the Holidays Act of Singapore.
- There will be four long weekends in 2024
For more details, visit https://www.mom.gov.sg/newsroom/press-releases/2023/0524-public-holidays-for-2024
Can you get extra payment when working on public holidays in Singapore?
Yes, employees are entitle to get extra day’s salary based on their basic pay in addition to the gross pay