- 1 The Istana Singapore Address, Phone number, Email, Opening hours, How to reach by Bus/MRT?
- 1.1 How to reach Istana Singapore by Bus / MRT/ Taxi?
- 1.2 What are the Services and Amenities
- 1.3 How much Cost I pay to enter the Istana?
- 1.4 How can I purchase Istana souvenirs?
- 1.5 Can i drive vehicle into the Istana?
- 1.6 How to register before coming for the Istana Open House?
- 1.7 Istana Heritage Gallery
- 1.8 Contact Istana Singapore on Social Media
The Istana Singapore Address, Phone number, Email, Opening hours, How to reach by Bus/MRT?
The Istana is the official residence of the President of the Republic of Singapore. It occupies over 40 hectares in Orchard Road and is an important part of Singapore’s history and heritage. The Istana building was built by the British Colonial government to house its governors. Completed in 1869, it was designed and built by Colonial Engineer, Major John Frederick Adolphus McNair, and was known then as the Government House. When Singapore attained self-government in 1959, it was handed over to the Singapore Government and renamed Istana
The Istana underwent extensive renovation in the 1990s, to add more space and modern conveniences. The building today has six function rooms used for ceremonies and to receive foreign dignitaries and guests.
Address: Orchard Road, Singapore 238823
Phone: 8720 6021
Opening hours: Monday-Fiday 8:30 am–6 pm
Official website: https://www.istana.gov.sg/
Location: View the direction here
How to reach Istana Singapore by Bus / MRT/ Taxi?
- NORTH EAST LINE
- NORTH SOUTH LINE
By Taxi stand
What are the Services and Amenities
- Information panels of the Istana’s history and heritage, State Gifts, artefacts and artwork.
- A digitised copy of the Istana guestbook is available for viewing.
- Nearest Dining and washroom facilities are at Concorde Hotel and Shopping Mall, Plaza Singapura, The Cathay or Innotel Hotel.
How much Cost I pay to enter the Istana?
- Istana grounds is free for Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Other visitors are required to pay an entrance fee of $2 per person.
How can I purchase Istana souvenirs?
- President’s Challenge Memorabilia consisting of keychains, luggage tags, bookmarks, and magnets by making a donation to the President’s Challenge.
- The President’s Challenge Memorabilia are available at Istana Open Houses and at the Istana Heritage Gallery.
Can i drive vehicle into the Istana?
- No only by foot, via the main entrance along Orchard Road.
How to register before coming for the Istana Open House?
- Registration are not required
- To visit the Istana Grounds during open houses from 8.30am to 6.00pm.
- Entrance to the grounds is via the main gate at Orchard Road.
Istana Heritage Gallery
The Istana Heritage Gallery is located at the Istana Park along Orchard Road, opposite the Istana. The re-opened Istana Heritage Gallery will focus on bringing in small, organised groups of beneficiaries to the Gallery to complement President Halimah Yacob’s efforts to make the Istana more accessible to Singaporeans
Contact Istana Singapore on Social Media
Is there any problem with in Istana Singapore Address or Phone number? Please report any issues using the below comment form.Rate your experience with Istana Singapore: (click on the stars below)