- 1 Zorb (ZOVB/Bloop) Ball Activities in Singapore: Is it dangerous? How to play Zorb? Benefits, Who invented, Age limits
- 2 Zorb Ball Activities in Singapore
- 3 Introduction:
- 4 What is a zorb ball?
- 5 Is Zorb dangerous?
- 6 How to play Zorb?
Zorb (ZOVB/Bloop) Ball Activities in Singapore: Is it dangerous? How to play Zorb? Benefits, Who invented, Age limits
Zorb Ball Activities in Singapore
Zorb ball activities, also known as ZOVB (Zone of Vertical Body) or Bloop ball activities, are a unique and exciting form of active recreation. Zorb ball activities have gained popularity worldwide, and Singapore is no exception. This activity takes place in various locations across the city-state, offering locals and tourists a chance to try out this unconventional form of entertainment. Singapore’s landscapes and warm climate provide the perfect backdrop for Zorb ball adventures. One of the amazing things about Zorb ball activities is that they are suitable for everyone. Whether you’re an adventure enthusiast or someone who simply wants to try something new and exciting, Zorb Ball has something to offer. In this article, let’s look deeper into Zorb ball activities.
What is a zorb ball?
A Zorb ball is a large, transparent, inflatable ball that is used for recreational activities. It is also known as a ZOVB or Bloop ball. The ball is made of durable material that can withstand the rolling and bouncing movements. The ball is widely available in aquatic parks, tourist spots, children’s amusement parks, and skiing parks. Zorb balls can be used for various activities such as team-building exercises, parties, events, or simply as a way to have an enjoyable time outdoors.
The history of Zorb Ball can be traced back to the early 1990s, when two friends, Andrew Akers and Dwane van der Sluis, were experimenting with different inflatable objects. They came up with the idea of a large, transparent, inflatable ball that people could get inside and roll down hills. They called it the Zorb ball, and it quickly gained popularity as a recreational activity. The first commercial Zorb Ball operation was established in New Zealand in 1997, and since then, Zorb Ball activities have spread to other parts of the world. The primary goal of Zorb ball activities is to provide an exciting and recreational experience that anyone of any age can enjoy.
Is Zorb dangerous?
In any activity, safety is a top priority. Zorb ball activities are generally considered safe. The ball floats on water, and participants can walk inside it or engage in various movements without taking any risks. Zorb ball activities are generally designed with safety in mind. The inflatable ball is designed to protect participants while providing an enjoyable ride. The transparent material of the Zorb ball allows for visibility, ensuring adequate supervision and providing reassurance to participants. Zorb ball activities are generally safe, but it is important to follow safety precautions to minimize the risk of injury. Wearing appropriate clothes, seatbelts, and playing on soft surfaces like grass or sand are important safety measures to consider. In Singapore, reputable operators follow stringent safety guidelines, conduct regular equipment inspections, and employ trained staff to mitigate risks. By following safety regulations and the guidance of trained professionals, participants can minimize these risks.
How is the Zorb ball made?
The zorb ball is also known as the Human Hamster Ball , Human Bubble Ball, or the Outdoor Gravity Orb. Zorb balls are made from polymeric materials such as PVC or TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) to ensure the comfort and safety of players. Zorb balls are made of transparent plastic and are constructed with two independent layers, with the inner layer providing cushioning and the outer layer made of durable material. The ball is constructed by welding the two layers together and then inflating it with air. The air between the two layers acts as a shock absorber, providing a safe and cushioned environment for participants. Zorb balls are designed to be durable and can withstand the rolling and bouncing movements. They are also designed to be reusable and can be used multiple times.
Can you reuse Zorb?
Zorb balls are typically constructed using durable materials such as PVC or TPU, which provide strength and flexibility. Due to their robust nature, Zorb balls can be reused multiple times, ensuring economic sustainability and minimizing waste. Regular inspections and maintenance by professionals are conducted to ensure the structural integrity and quality of the Zorb balls.
How to play Zorb?
The concept of playing zorb is very simple. You get inside a big, transparent inflatable ball, and as the ball rolls down a slope, you roll along with it, feeling the world spin around you.
Age and Weight Limits:
- Age Limit: Participants need to be at least 6 years old or older to participate in zorb ball activities.
- Weight Limit: As for weight limits, they often range between 200 and 250 pounds (90 and 113kg) for standard zorb balls.
Is a child able to play zorb?
Yes, children can play Zorb ball. The minimum age to participate in Zorb ball activities is generally around 6 years old. Zorb ball is a safe and fun activity suitable for people of all ages
Cost of zorb ball activities:
Zorb ball activities pricing usually ranges between $150 and $200. Zorb ball pricing for 4 hours is $699, and additional charges include $100 per hour.
Zorb ball activities offer several benefits for physical and mental health. Here are some of the benefits of playing Zorb ball:
- Rolling, running, and bouncing inside a zorb ball provide a unique form of cardiovascular exercise, helping to improve endurance, balance, and coordination.
- Zorb balls can be used for rehabilitation and exercise purposes.
- Zorb ball activities require participants to continue moving, which can burn calories and be great for muscles.
- Zorb ball activities are breathable, which means that participants can enjoy the activity without feeling out of breath or exhausted.
The best locations to play zorb in Singapore:
When it comes to playing Zorb ball in Singapore, there are several locations that offer this exciting activity. Here are some of the best locations for playing Zorb ball in Singapore:
- Old Holland Road: Located in Singapore, Old Holland Road is home to an exciting Zorb ball activity where participants can enjoy rolling down the slope inside giant inflatable balls.
- Adventour Singapore: Adventour Singapore offers bubble ball Zorbing activities for team building and parties. Participants can expect giant inflatable balls to roll down the slope.
- Pelago: Pelago offers the Land ZOVB Globe Riding Experience in Singapore. The activity is similar to Zorbing, and participants can roll down the slope inside a giant inflatable ball.
- Klook Singapore: Klook Singapore offers the Zorb Inflatable Ball Adventure in Rotorua, where participants can zigzag down the hills inside a giant inflatable ball filled with water.
Zorb ball activities in Singapore offer a unique and exciting experience for participants of all ages. Zorb ball activities provide a form of active recreation that combines fun and exercise. Whether it’s in theme parks, recreational centers, or organized events, Zorb ball activities offer a memorable and enjoyable experience for individuals and groups. So, if you are looking for an exciting and exhilarating activity in Singapore, consider trying Zorb ball.